- Credits: 1
- Format: Self-Study Audio
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Update
- Author/Speaker: Charles Montecino
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|EWTFM-U-01739-21-S | 6233-CE-0464||None||Overview|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© May 2020||Basic Understanding of Taxation||Self-Study Video | OnDemand Webinar | Live Webinar|
There are times when a taxpayer agrees they owe the IRS, but they simply cannot pay the balance due to their current financial situation. If the IRS agrees the taxpayer cannot pay their back taxes and their reasonable living expenses, they may place the account in Currently Not Collectible status. In this course, we’re going to learn what currently not collectible (CNC) means, who is eligible, and what the process is to get this status.
- Who is Eligible
- What is the Process
- Documents to Submit
- Completed Sample Forms
- What Happens Next
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Determine Eligibility.
- Identify forms required for submission.
- Familiarize yourself with the different forms used in filing.
- Provide sound advice to your clients and set expectations.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)