- Credits: 1
- Format: Scheduled Webinar
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/Speaker: Whitney Nash, CPFA
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|EWTFM-T-01785-21-O | 6233-CE-0505||None||Overview|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© March 2021||General Understanding of Self Directed 401(k)s||Audio Self-Study | Video Self-Study | OnDemand Webinar|
This course is designed for tax professionals who have one-person business owners, or 1099 independent contractor, clients. It will provide a detailed introduction to Self-Directed Solo 401(k) retirement plans so that you can: recognize when a client might benefit from adopting a plan, gain solid background knowledge to answer clients’ most common questions, and learn about important information regarding applicable tax implications and filing requirements.
As your clients’ most trusted advisors, they come to you asking for ways to reduce/defer their income tax liability. Advising your clients on the strategy of implementing a retirement plan, such as a Self-Directed Solo 401(k), maybe one of the best, cost-effective, and tax-efficient optimization strategies available for them.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of the Self-Directed Solo 401(k)’s eligibility requirements, contribution limits, investment options, features, and provisions.
- Discover tax-planning opportunities that can help your clients have a tax-efficient and compliant savings strategy for today and in retirement.
- Learn the pitfalls that could result in adverse tax consequences and penalties.
- Obtain important tax filing information and learn about the reporting requirements for the plan.
Website for Hyperlinking:
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)