Special Note: This program fulfills the requirement for CFP Board-approved Ethics CE.
This program fulfills the requirement for CFP Board-approved Ethics CE. This program is designed to educate CFP® professionals on the CFP Board's new Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct, which is effective October 1, 2019.
The goal of this program is to position the application of the CFP Board's Code of Ethics and Standards of Conduct as the foundation for ethical financial planning.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Understand the structure and content of the revised Code and Standards, including significant changes from prior rules.
- Describe CFP Board’s Fiduciary Duty.
- Identify Material Conflicts of Interest and How to Avoid, or Fully Disclose, Obtain Informed Consent, and Manage Them.
- Understand the Duty to Report to CFP Board and the Duty to Cooperate.
- Identify the Practice Standards When Providing Financial Advice that Requires Financial Planning or Financial Planning
- Understand the Duty to Provide Information to Clients When Providing Financial Planning and/or Financial Advice.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Financial Planners (CFPs)
Qualifies and Approved with all State Boards of Accountancy and the following sponsorship’s: