- Credits: 4
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/Speaker: Paul Winn
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|EWTFM-T-01696-21-S | 6233-CE-0419||None||Overview|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© January 2021||General Understanding of Taxes||Self-Study Video eBook|
Health insurance is so central to the health and well-being of people that it may be hard for many Americans to believe it could ever have been a less important factor in helping to promote good health than it is today. In fact, health insurance as it is recognized today is a relatively recent development.
Since the early development of health insurance coverage, many changes have occurred in the manner in which health care services are delivered and paid for. Among those changes is the emergence of various tax-favored health plans. This course will examine many of those tax-favored health plans.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Identify the tax treatment of premiums for and benefits from health insurance policies;
- Apply the rules governing health savings accounts and Archer medical savings accounts;
- Recognize the tax treatment of health reimbursement accounts;
- Compare the tax treatment of employer-paid and individually-paid disability income insurance policies;
- Apply the tax rules governing business-related disability coverage; and
- Identify the tax treatment of long term care insurance.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)