- Credits: 1
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/ Speaker: Tax CE Publishing
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|EWTFM-T-01614-20-S / 6233-CE-0341||None||Overview|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© April 2020||General Understanding of Taxes||eBook | Self-Study|
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2018 was a significant change to the US tax code. The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act is organized into four primary sections of Individual Tax Reform, Business Tax Reform, Exempt Organizations, and International provisions. This is an updated course for 2020 that will provide a thorough review of the Exempt Organizations portion of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act Bill (H.R.1.) and it also includes the provisions that have changed for 2020 for exempt organizations. Part 1 of this course will provide a summary description of all provisions referenced in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act for the Exempt Organizations section. It will identify which sections changed for 2018 and which were updated for 2020. Each provision will reference a more detailed description of the provision in Part 2 of this course. The detailed description will review the pre-2018 law, provide a detailed description of the changes for 2018, and identify the effective date that the provision became effective.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Review the Exempt Organizations provisions to identify which sections changed for 2018 and which were updated for 2020.
- Identify where to find more information about each provision.
- Identify the effective date for all individual tax provisions in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)
Qualifies and approved with all state boards of accountancy and the following sponsorships: