- Credits: 8
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Author/Speaker: Paul J. Winn
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© July 2020||General Understanding of Accountancy||N/A|
The purpose of the course is to provide students with a thorough understanding of annuity contracts, their provisions and benefits, the various types of annuities that are available, their uses and tax treatment, and their advantages and disadvantages.
The course will explain an agent’s role in the solicitation and sale of annuities and the appropriate sales practices that must be followed, notably with respect to senior consumers.
The course also includes a history of annuity legislation in the state as well as required agent disclosures.
- Historical Development of Annuity Contracts
- Primary Uses of Annuities
- Annuity Contract Types
- Parties to the Annuity Contract
- Fixed, Variable, and Indexed Annuity Provisions
- Qualified Plans and Annuities
- Annuity Income Taxation
- Annuity Advantages and Disadvantages
- Annuity Sales Practices
- SB483, Kuehl, Medi-Cal: Home and Facility Care
- The Senior Market
- California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)