- Credits: 2
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Business Management
- Author/Speaker: Matt H. Evans
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© Jan 2019||General Understanding of Management||N/A|
The essence of management includes the ability to plan. As you work your way up the organization, planning moves from operational to strategic. Strategic Planning is one of the principal responsibilities of upper-level management. Once management decides on the Strategic Plan, lower-level managers implement the Strategic Plan through an Operating Plan.
Strategic Planning attempts to answer a very fundamental question:
- Where do we want to be one year from now, two years from now, three years from now, etc.?
- Does Strategic Planning require that an organization develops a vision of itself (how do we see ourselves in the future)?
- Strategic Planning looks at the big picture from a long-range perspective whereas the Operating Plan represents the specific tactics for carrying out the Strategic Plan year to year.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)