- Credits: 2
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Fraud | Auditing
- Author/Speaker: Lanford Publishing
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© August 2020||General Understanding of Auditing||Self-Study eBook|
As fraud has evolved over the years the controls and procedures to prevent and detect fraud have also evolved. This course will consider the significant impact of fraud and the measures that have occurred to address fraud, particularly white-collar crime. The United States government's response to events and situations involving fraudulent activity will be looked at along with the consequences for committing fraud.
- The effectiveness of an organization’s internal control system plays an important role in fraud.
- The recently updated Internal Control-Integrated Framework provides valuable information for organizations of all sizes to consider sound actions to deter and detect fraud.
- Examples of fraud risks will be reviewed along with steps that can be implemented as part of an anti-fraud program.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Recognize the impact of fraud.
- Identify government actions taken to address fraud.
- Identify the components of internal control.
- Recognize the fraud risk assessment process.
- Recognize fraud risk factors.
- Identify controls that address the risk of fraud.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)