- Credits: 1
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Accounting
- Author/Speaker: Robert Minniti
|Program Prerequisites:||General Understanding Accounting|
|Published Date:||© June 2019|
Every organization that has workers is involved in the payroll process. This course is designed to help participants determine how to properly categorize workers as employees, statutory employees, statutory nonemployees, or independent contractors. Participants will also review the minimum wage and overtime requirements for employees, including which employees are exempt from minimum wage and overtime requirements. We will also discuss the Family Medical Leave Act and which employers must comply with the Act. Finally, we will review risks in the payroll process and internal controls for the payroll process.
This course does not cover HR-related topics such as onboarding or terminating employees. Conducting background or drug tests. Completing employee evaluations, and other HR-related activities which are covered in other CPE courses.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Identify IRS Regulations for categorizing workers
- Identify minimum wage and overtime requirements
- Identify the requirements in the Family Medical Leave Act
- Design internal controls for the payroll process
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)