- Credits: 3
- Format: Self-Study eBook
- Field of Study: Accounting | Auditing
- Author/Speaker: Tax CE Publishing
|Program Prerequisites:||General Understanding of the Auditing Process|
|Published Date:||© March 2021|
The Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards, also known as the Yellow Book, provides a comprehensive framework for conducting governmental audits with a focus on high quality, integrity, competence, independence, and objectivity. The Yellow Book is used by auditors of government organizations, entities that receive government awards, and any other audit organization performing Yellow Book audits. The Yellow Book outlines all requirements for governmental audit reports, professional qualifications for auditors, and audit organization quality control.
This course will describe when the Yellow Book standards must be applied. This course will identify the requirements for auditor communication. Finally, this course will identify the three levels of service as identified by the AICPA.
- Chapter 1: Standards for Financial Audits
- Chapter 2: Standards for Attestation Engagements and Reviews of Financial Statements
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Recognize when the Yellow Book standards must be applied.
- Identify the new organization and format of the 2018 Yellow Book.
- Recognize the five areas that changed in the 2018 Yellow Book from the 2011 Yellow Book.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)