- Credits: 4
- Format: OnDemand® Webinar
- Field of Study: Ethics
- Author/Speaker: Allison McCleod
|Program Prerequisites:||General Understanding of Ethical Standards|
|Published Date:||© August 2021|
A CPA is challenged in today’s work world to not only serve his/her client or employer but also to protect the public interest by ensuring that there is transparency in financial reporting or there is fair administration of the tax laws. In balancing the two interests, a CPA may find him or herself in an ethical dilemma.
This course covers not only basic ethical frameworks, but also specific rules from the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct, and the Mississippi Revised Statues, Administrative Rules, and Code of Professional Conduct.
These sources govern the practice and responsibilities of Mississippi CPAs.
It concludes with a section on how a CPA can put his or her ethics into action.
- PART I: VALUES - A STRAIGHT AND NARROW PATH OR A MINEFIELD?
- PART II: CODES OF CONDUCT FOR CPAs
- PART III: BEHAVING ETHICALLY: PUTTING THE RULES INTO ACTION
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- To apply the ethics of professional accounting as CPAs through the analysis of case studies involving both actual situations and hypothetical facts.
- To apply ethical judgment in interpreting the rules and determining public interest. Public interest should be placed ahead of self-interest, even if it means a loss of a job or client.
- To analyze and apply the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct and Mississippi law that pertains to CPAs licensed to practice in the state of Mississippi. Students will become familiar with the Mississippi Statues, Rules and Regulations and Code of Professional Conduct, and the Policies adopted by the Board currently in effect, and how the statutes, rules, and policies about them.
- To determine the course of action that would uphold the intent of the rules in the performance of professional accounting services/work, not just to adhere to the mere technical compliance of such rules.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)