- Credits: 2
- Format: OnDemand® Webinar
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/Speaker: Allison McCleod
|Program Prerequisites:||General Understanding of Taxes|
|Course ID:||EWTFM-T-01846-21-O | 6233-CE-0561|
|Published Date:||© August 2021|
This seminar will introduce the process from filing a tax return to the IRS audit, IRS Appeals, Collections, and litigation at courts of original jurisdiction. We will discuss the options taxpayers have at any point in the process with reference to real-life stories from the trenches. This course is ideal for CPAs, EAs, or other tax professionals.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Describe the audit process from the initial filing of the return to collections.
- Determine the options available to taxpayers at each stage of the audit process.
- Ascertain risk factors to consider in determining the best course of action for the client.
- Apply the soft skills needed when interfacing with the IRS audit team to achieve the best possible result.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Other Tax Return Preparer (OTRP)