- Credits: 4
- Format: Scheduled Webinar
- Field of Study: Accounting and Auditing
- Author/Speaker: Sheldon Clark
|Program Prerequisites:||General Knowledge of GAAP required financial statements|
|Published Date:||© August 2021|
This 4-hour webcast is designed to provide a good comprehension of the engagement for unaudited financial statements known as compilation or review.
- SSARS 19 overhauls of compilations and reviews
- SSARS 21 clarity project
- Independence issues
- Scope of compilation and review reporting
- Considering fraud and going concern issues in the current economy
- Definitions and terminology related to compilations and reviews
- Recent updates
- Performance contemplations
- Is internal control significant in compilation and review engagements
- Accountant’s responsibilities
- Professional requirements
- Elements of compilation or review engagements
- Engagement letter significance
- Documentation issues
- Reporting issues
- Accountant’s knowledge of client and industry
- Various other matters
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Provide the accountant with skills for achieving confidence when engaged in a compilation or review.
- Provide the accountant with dealing with clients for whom audits and not required.
- Provide the accountant with an overview of SSARS.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Practitioners who work extensively in the areas of compilations and reviews and who are in the need to know the unique requirements for handling unaudited financial statements engagements.