- Credits: 2
- Format: Self-Study Video
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/Speaker: Mary Jane Hourani
|Program Prerequisites:||General Understanding Taxes|
|Course ID:||EWTFM-01821-21-S | 6233-CE-0539|
|Published Date:||© August 2021|
This seminar will focus on attributes of Officer Reasonable Compensation requirements in S & C Corporations. Focusing on court cases as an authority in determining what reasonable compensation should be, who is required to receive it, as well as other facts & circumstances to advise taxpayers accordingly. This seminar will also look at strategies practitioners may use when representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service to defend the Officer's Reasonable Compensation amount taken in any given year.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Define what Reasonable Compensation is and who is required to receive it.
- Associate Accountable Plan requirements to Reasonable Compensation.
- Understand criteria set forth by the courts.
- Review methods used by the IRS when auditing Reasonable Compensation.
- Analyze approaches used in defending the amount of Reasonable Compensation.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Other Tax Return Preparer (OTRP)