- Credits: 1
- Format: Self-Study Video
- Field of Study: Accounting
- Author/Speaker: Mary S. Schaeffer
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© May 2020||Basic Understanding of Accountancy||Audio | OnDemand Webinar | Live Webinar|
Alas, technology not only helps legitimate businesses become more efficient; it also assists crooks looking to defraud your organization. Getting money out of your organization's bank account is now easier than ever. Just ask the growing number of fraudsters snatching cash from unsuspecting organizations across the country. Unfortunately, every company is at risk and businesses do not have the same fraud protections as individuals. If you don't report the thefts within 48 hours, you will probably end up eating the losses—which can be substantial. Those who think they're protected because they don't make electronic payments or because they use positive pay are flat out wrong. What's worse, it's not just the big guys who are getting hit. The crooks are also targeting smaller mid-sized companies, municipalities, schools, and not-for-profits. Avoiding electronic payments (ACH)is not the answer. You are still at risk; this is the fastest-growing payment fraud. But you can protect your company if you take the right steps. Please join us for this 60-fast paced minute session with industry expert, AP Now’s Mary S. Schaeffer. It contains expert advice about all the latest electronic payment frauds.
- How big a problem electronic fraud is.
- A description of how each of the electronic payment frauds can happen.
- A dialogue of best practices that will prevent each of these frauds.
- A discussion of some bank products that help stop electronic payment fraud.
- An overall discussion of practices every organization should use to protect against payment fraud
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Identify the types of ACH payments;
- Differentiate between the many different types of ACH payment fraud, including the two fastest-growing types;
- Navigate around the limited legal protections from your bank;
- Instruct your bank to use certain products to protect your company; and
- Implement best payment process practices that affect ACH payments to protect your organization.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)