- Credits: 2
- Format: Self-Study Video
- Field of Study: Specialized Knowledge
- Author/Speaker: Garrett Wasny
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© June 2020||Basic Understanding of Technology||N/A|
The course provides a concise overview of the Internet services offered by the Internal Revenue Service or IRS, the tax agency of the United States federal government. Discover scores of little-known but highly valuable IRS resources including electronic wizards, mobile apps, online payment systems, calculators and estimators, tax calendars, advocacy services, whistle-blower awards, social media, privacy guides, job opportunities, e-books, newsletters, and much more.
You'll walk away with a whole new appreciation for the IRS and a huge treasure trove of digital tools that can sharpen and accelerate your tax workflow.
- IRS.gov Website Update
- Key Search Filters
- Hidden IRS Cyber Resources
- Forms and Publications
- Electronic Filing
- Payment Systems
- Refund Tracking
- Online Tools
- Online Estimators and Calculators
- Assistance Services
- Affordable Care Act Tax Provisions
- Foreign Account Tax Compliant Act
- Identity Protection and Tax Fraud Alerts
- Professional Development and Accreditation
- Tax Statistics
- Social Media
- IRS Jobs and Careers
- IRS Strategic Plan
- Third-Party IRS Resources
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Highlight scores of IRS online resources and apps that can help accountants in every stage of their tax workflow.
- Navigate the entire IRS website with more authority and confidence.
- Improve how you research constantly changing IRS tax rules that are getting ever more complicated and specialized.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)