- Credits: 3
- Format: Self-Study Video
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/Speaker: Andrew Clark
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|EWTFM-U-01757-21-S | 6233-CE-0481||None||Overview|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© Sept 2020||Basic Understanding of Taxation||Audio | OnDemand Webinar | Live Webinar|
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act dramatically changed the U.S. Tax Code starting in the 2018 tax year.
- This course will provide a review of the Business Tax Reforms section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act bill (H.R.1).
- This course will summarize all provisions referenced in this section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and will identify the provisions that were changed in the Business Tax Reforms section.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Review the Business Tax Reform provisions and identify the provisions that have been changed, and the provisions that were not changed, with the implementation of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
- Identify the new modified corporate tax rates for tax years beginning December 31, 2017.
- Recognize the new charitable contribution rules that apply to corporations.
- Identify the effective date for all provisions in the Business Tax Reform section of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Other Tax Return Preparer (OTRP)