- Credits: 2
- Format: OnDemand® Webinar
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Update
- Author/Speaker: Mary Jane Hourani
|Course ID:||Advanced Preparation:||Experience Level:|
|EWTFM-U-01823-21-O | 6233-CE-0541||None||Overview|
|Published Date:||Program Prerequisites:||Other Course Formats:|
|© June 2020||Basic Understanding of Taxation||Live Webinar | Self-Study Video|
The seminar will discuss the Employee Retention Credit. It will focus on provisions set forth by The CARES Act of 2020, The Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Relief Act 2020, The COVID-Related Tax Relieve Act of 2020 as well as The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. The course hopes to be a practical guide to interpreting the above Acts as well as guidance in IRS Notice 2021-20 and IRS Notice 2021-23.
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Identify who is a Qualified Employer.
- Identify who are Qualified Employees.
- Discuss the qualifying factors of the Employee Retention Credit.
- Analyze the different parameters of each Act.
- Describe the procedures for claiming the Employee Retention Credit.
- Describe how to amend payroll tax returns to claim the Employee Retention Credit.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Tax Return Preparers (TRPs)