- Credits: 4
- Format: OnDemand® Webinar
- Field of Study: Federal Tax Law
- Author/Speaker: Sheldon Clark
|Advanced Preparation:||Access to a computer with speakers or a headset.|
|Program Prerequisites:||Basic Understanding of pass-through entities, Knowledge of working with IRS regulations and rulings|
|Course ID:||EWTFM-U-01831-21-O | 6233-CE-0547|
|Published Date:||© August 2021|
This 4-hour webcast is designed to provide a thorough review of the unique aspects of partnership taxation. We will discuss how tax laws apply to real estate partnerships.
- What constitutes a partnership?
- Advantages and disadvantages of the real estate partnership choice of entity
- Review of partnership legal and tax terminology
- Tax reporting of the partnership Form 1065
- The funding of the partnership
- Partnership basis
- Review the handling of partnership allocations
- A basic discussion of partnership termination
- Contents and value of partnership agreement
- Husband-wife business partnerships
- Real estate limited partnerships (RELP)
- Post-2017 partnership audit rules including the impact of recent developments on partnerships and partnerships
- IRC §199A qualified business income deductions
- Dispositions of real property, including installment sales and IRC §1031 exchanges
- Disguised sale disclosure Reg. §1.707-8
- Real estate partnerships with service and capital partners
- Various other matters
After reading the course material, you will be able to:
- Provide the tax practitioner with technical skills to real estate partnerships.
- Provide the tax practitioner with an understanding of the business real estate formation.
- Provide the tax practitioner with the tools for the preparation of relevant tax returns.
Who Should Attend:
- All Certified Public Accountants (CPAs)
- Enrolled Agents (EAs)
- Other Tax Return Preparer (OTRP)